Only two days left to support and get your copy of The Legend of Ricky Thunder. Just head over to my Kickstarter, guys. And remember if you ledge $25 or higher you get: the 160 page full color Ricky epic, the digital copy, a postcard featuring ricky art, an all new Ricky Thunder 12 page mini-comic, a set of sweet stickers, a 9 part trading card set and a 48 page minicomic collection of my short comics: This is Wild Dog, Frankenstein: Rescue from Space Planet X, Punch Captain 1 and the NEVER BEFORE SEEN Punch Captain 2.
ALL that for $25.
Also, you can have me paint up your favorite wrestler, or a get black and white drawing of just about anything, or even get to work with an Eisner and Harvey winning Editor.
There is cool stuff yet to happen with you guys and Ricky Thunder. So tell a friend. Or tell a stranger, or tell ANYONE but you only got 47 hours left…
Just a couple days left on the Kickstarter and your chances to not only get a sweet, physical copy of the book but also an ALL NEW 12 page Ricky mini-comic, some hilarious stickers, the 9 piece trading card set, my collection of mini-comics (48 pages!). If you are wanting to get all that extra good stuff remember you have to pledge at least $25. There’s also still spots left to get some original art be it a watercolor or a black and white.
In other news: RICKY THUNDER IS IN USA TODAY. That’s right I was interview for an article about Ricky Thunder and it’s on the USA TODAY website. The actual USA TODAY. THAT ONE. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?
And since HeroesCon sold out super quick*, and I didn’t get a table you’re probably going to need to order one through the Kickstarter. Which is cool because you get an all new Ricky Thunder mini-comic, stickers, a trading card set and my short comic collection. So that’s worth it.
Get yourself drawn into the Ricky Thunder mini-comic that’s being included with all orders either physically or digitally.
Pledge $50 or more 0 backers Limited (10 of 10 left) FIRST ROW SEATS Along with a copy of the book and the digital copy you will be drawn into the Ricky Thunder mini-comic that was unlocked at the $4,000 stretch goal along with a couple extra copies of the mini-comic to show off to friends and family.
OR (and this one is AWESOME)
Pledge $100 or more 0 backers Limited (1 of 1 left) NUMBER ONE CONTENDER Along with a copy of the book and the digital copy you will be drawn into the Ricky Thunder mini-comic that was unlocked at the $4,000 stretch goal. You will be the Number One Contender and appear in at least two pages with a speaking role. You will also receive the original art for the pages you appear in. AND you get to pick your characters name (as long as it’s PG-13). OH, and if we reach the trading card goal at $6000 you will be in the trading cart set as your wrestler and receive the original art also for the card, also.
Are you interested? Did you already pledge an amount but would rather upgrade to one of these? You can edit your pledge amount anytime. Visit the project page and click “Manage Your Pledge.” To change your reward, make a new selection. Note that changing your reward selection does not automatically change your pledge amount.
My Kickstarter to get Ricky Thunder printed has broken $4000 and that means that everyone is going to now get a FREE, all-new Ricky Thunder minicomic thrown in to their orders. That’s pretty awesome, right?
I’m about to add a couple new stretch goals - and let’s never forget the 8k stretch goal of a Ricky Thunder Wrestling Buddy.
28 days left to get your book or to get some awesome wrestling art, or the commission of your choice. It’s a good book and I’m pretty sure this is going to be the only printing and the only time to get it shy of meeting me at a con this year.
Also, at $4,000 (less than $600 away) I’m going do an ALL NEW Ricky Thunder minicomic that is going to be included at no additional charge to all levels.
If you know some one who you think MIGHT be into this awesome story of a pro-wrestler, broken realities, overcoming self doubt, the League of Bad-Asses, alien invasions, and other fun stuff tell them what’s up!
4) I killed it out so quick I decided to make a minicomic to hand out at Louisville’s Derby Con to promote my site. So I made a 16 page, quarter page monster comic. I did this also in May.
5) I enjoyed making THOSE two so much, in June I did another mini-comic in a couple of days called Punch Captain. Which I adore. At this point I felt like I had taken a huge step forward creatively. Comics suddenly started to feel right as a dedicated form of expression. I loved Punch Captain so much I’m re-posting it with some color changes on my site for the world to see.
6) I was not only being super productive but was feeling super creative. A few months later I jokingly dared my twitter followers that if I got to 200 followers I would do a 10 page Wild Dog comic. In a couple weeks it happened, soon after I posted a 15 page comic that ended up getting over 12,000 reads and basically changed my life forever. Also named one of the Ten Best Online Comics by the Comics Bulletin, too!
7) I followed it up a month later with a 10 page homage to the recently cancelled Frankenstein by DC comics. This was a similarly successful endeavor.
9) And another goal I wanted to fulfill was to participate in a for real art show and I ended up taking part in THREE. I was able to sell every piece I showed this year - which is baller success. Super awesome.
All in all, in 2012 I posted over 100 comic pages to my website and made another 50 or so pages on top of an endless number of throwaway sketches, 15 paintings that hung and sold out at art shows and galleries, and added not only 200+ twitter followers but made a bunch of great friends in the comic community.
I can’t wait for 2013, dudes. I’m upping my game so hard.
What can you look forward to?
- my Legend of Ricky Thunder Kickstarter to get that dude printed
- a new comic project at Ricky Thunder
- my first goes at exhibiting at comic conventions
I’m pumped about these new comics and new comic adventures and I hope that you are all up for joining me. None of this would have happened without all your fucking fantastic peoples.